In the early 90’s Callaway went for the cash grab that was the 4th Gen Camaro/Firebird. They offered a body kit known as the ‘CamAeroBody’ but also offered a completely made over car known as the ‘Callaway SuperNatural Camaro C8’. They gave it a 383 that could manage itself to 60 in 4.7 seconds which is pretty impressive, but not for $60,000 ($93,600 in 2014).
Visually, there are certain aspects of it that I like and others that are pretty iffy (the front end). I do appreciate the concept car appearance. It reminds me of something you would only see in an old magazine scan on a Geocities site, or tucked away in the back of some forgotten GM warehouse.
They are pretty rare to come across but one seems to have popped up locally. Check out the ad below.
“1995 Callaway SuperNatural Camaro C8 – Only 17 Built – 32k Miles – $48900 (Deer Valley)
This is one of the most exclusive custom Camaros ever built. You are looking at a very rare, very clean Camaro C8 by the reputable Callaway Cars, Ltd of Lime Rock, CT. The smooth & distinct CamAeroBody was designed by Paul Deutschman. It tastefully cleans up the lines of the original body and lets everyone know it’s not a ‘normal’ 4th generation Camaro. For those of you who are familiar with Reeves Callaway’s work, you know that his company doesn’t spare any expense in engineering, building and installing the highest quality components in their “Powerfully Engineered Vehicles”.
This particular example, #3 of only 17 built, appeared on the cover of Road & Track magazine in March, 1995. It was also featured and road tested in the June 1995 issue of Car & Driver magazine. It list priced for $60,306 back in 1995.
With only 32,400 miles, it presents extremely well throughout, and will be a special addition to someone’s garage. This is a rare opportunity for a Callaway or late-model Camaro collector to obtain a very unique and special car.
Highlights and Upgrades:
– #3 of 17 produced by Callaway Cars, Ltd
– Custom ‘CamAeroBody’ designed by Paul Deutschman
– Traco LT-1 383ci V8 (aka: Callaway Supernatural 400)
– 417 horsepower AT the rear wheels
– Callaway/ Hurst 6-speed manual transmission
– Brembo brakes with cross-drilled rotors in front
– Complete Callaway engineered lowered suspension
– Koni adjustable shocks
– Callaway springs, trailing arms, stabilizer bars & panhard rods
– Callaway strut tower brace
– Extensive frame cross bracing
– Silver 17″ OZ Racing 5-spoke wheels
– Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR tires — Rear: 315/35 ZR17 Front: 275/40ZR 17
– Delco Bose AM/FM CD Player
– Red anodized aluminum shift knob
– Callaway stainless headers and mandrel bent exhaust with dual cats
– 1.03g lateral acceleration
– Dashboard plaque signed by Reeves Callaway
This is truly a significant piece of Chevrolet & Callaway history that should only appreciate in value. This Callaway SuperNatural Camaro C8 would be a fantastic addition to an enthusiast’s fleet.
Please give me a call if you would like to discuss in more detail. The car’s owner has a free and clear title in-hand, and the new owner will be given a posterboard display piece full of correspondence letters and facts about the build, as well as all books and manuals as provided.”